Sunday, April 19, 2020

Blog 5

Have you ever idolized and looked up to a woman so much? Well, I have, and mine would be Ellen DeGeneres. I love watching her shows in the afternoon. She cracks me up so much. She is also someone who is not afraid to be who she is, and she also has a show where she constantly makes people laugh.

Ellen DeGeneres Hopes Show Can Serve as "Distraction" Amid ...

Ellen also has different guests each episode; she sometimes even guests people who go viral on the internet for writing or posting something on their social media! She gives people chances to achieve that "hollywood fame." I also love the fact that she gives out giveaways to her audiences, like iPhones or money or any appliances. It sure would be such a dream to be in her show one day! Ellen is also vegan, so this part comes is about the health/wellness aspect of things and her concerns of animals. She is a big animal lover, so she is vegan. She was named woman of the year by PETA in 2009, and she also donated $25,000 to stop Ag-Gag in 2013, which inhibits undercover investigators form recording animal abuse in farms. I am someone who is very much fond with animals as well, especially dogs, so this speaks volume to me.  She is inspirational to me because she makes people laugh and she never seems greedy with her blessings when it comes to money as she supports and donates for a great cause.

Petition · Animal Abuse & Cruelty · Change.org

Reference:
ellentube - Celebrity Interviews, Original Series, Giveaways and more. (n.d.). Retrieved April 19, 2020, from https://www.ellentube.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kate,
    I have been watching Ellen for years and I had no idea that she donated $25,000 to stop Ag-Gag. I think thats really cool and it shows how much she is willing to do for animals and their safety.

    ReplyDelete